Queensland Calibrations' Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
To all of our Valued Customers,
We are thinking of you all during this difficult time and as COVID-19 restrictions ease across Australia and New Zealand, it's more important than ever to restate Queensland Calibrations' commitment to the health and safety of both our customers and our staff. This remains our highest priority. We remain open for business including our storefront, calibration laboratory and online. We are ready and willing to assist you with instrument sales, hire, repairs and calibration services – in ways that prioritise your health and safety. As the situation evolves, we continue to closely follow the official advice given by the Australian Government and the local health authorities.
How we’re helping…
We are taking active measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers and staff by promoting a safe, clean and sanitized work environment.
If you do plan to come by the store/calibration laboratory, we request that you please respect best-practice hygiene and social distancing guidelines issued by the Government. Furthermore, we do ask that our customers and staff take these preventative measures to assist with the health and safety of our other customers and staff:
- If you or your immediate family members are feeling at all unwell, coughing, sneezing, have a runny nose or fever we ask that you please stay home.
- If you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, OR been in contact with anyone confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, we do also ask that you please stay at home until the 14 days have passed without symptom.
In the meantime, please be reassured that some of the preventative measures Queensland Calibrations are taking include:
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting our work areas, common areas, office and laboratory equipment
- Safely disinfecting all instruments in store both for sale, hire and demonstration
- You may see our staff wearing gloves or using hand sanitizer in store as an added safety precaution
- Applying office distancing policies
- Regularly informing, and encouraging our staff to self-educate using online resources (Australian Govt, Local Health Authorities and WHO)
- Restricting all non-essential travel
For your convenience and peace of mind we may also provide a pick-up/drop off service for instruments within reason if you cannot get to the store. Please get in touch today if you can’t make it to the store but require our assistance or have an instrument related emergency.
To all of our valued customers and visitors to our website, we wish you a safe and healthy journey through the ongoing stressors and uncertainties at home and at work.